Phew….after I spent practically a week working hard to prepare for the BOSL Spring 2012 Collective Fashion Show that was held over two days this weekend in which we showcased 100 outfits and 20 sets of jewelry, I am back to blogging again. It’s funny how I start to feel frustrated when I can’t blog and there are so many great creations out there that I sometimes feel impatient when I can’t.
So back to happy blogging. 🙂
Today, I have a Japanese store to introduce that is not well known yet but one I think has a very promising future, Lika Ruby. She is a Japanese designer who definitely deserves attention. She is very unique in that she creates a lot of outfits inspired by Chinese designs. Her newest release that just came out is this “Mika” dress that looks like a mix of Japanese and Chinese design with an Obi-like* wide belt that looks like it was taken from a kimono worn over a mesh dress that has woven pattern that is Chinese inspired.
In spite of this, the silhouette is a regular Western dress so it can easily be styled like any dress you are used to like I did in this blog post. “Mika” comes in six colour variations and here I wore red.
I did wear this same hat when I blogged Xanadu’s Jumpsuit in Kenya in the BOSL blog but after trying different stylings, I just couldn’t find any other that I liked more so I gave up and decided to use this hat again. Hahaha so much for loving a hat. 😛
- Outfit: Lika Ruby, Mika (red) NEW
- Hat: Hatter Is Mad, The Preacher Hat
- Choker: Dahlinks, Fallen Angel Black Onyx Ribbon Choker V
- Earrings: Dahlinks, Jewelry Concubine Earrings Black Diamond – Noir
- Ring: Dahlinks, Bakelite Dress Ring V
- Hair Base: BooN, Gathered Lower Hairbase (black)
- Hair: Bliss Hair, Classic Bun (noir)
- Nails: CCD, Prim Nail Manicure (Red)
- Shoes: Pixel Fashion, Eve Temptation Shoes Black
- Eye Shadow: Fashion Makeup’s, Eyeshadow Summer Edition 001
- Lipstick: LeLutka, Gem Lipstick Palette-Pearl (Clandestine Lipstick-Pearl)
- Poses: Del May Poses
Posted by Kay Fairey, CEO and model for BLVD Agency, Miss Virtual World Modeling Academy Executive Director and Instructor, Agency Director for Dione Fashion Agency, Fashion Editor for the Best of SL Magazine, Producer and Host for “SLTV Fashion Style – The Runway” which is a bi-weekly live fashion program by Second Life TV in SL Japan.